Swedish heavy metal heroes SABATON are set to release their new album “The Great War” on July 19th, 2019. Now the band proudly present their first single, “Fields Of Verdun”.
Watch the official video here:
Get the song digitally here.
Bassist Pär Sundström comments: “We choose ‘Fields of Verdun’ to be the first single since we felt it represent the album perfect, a classic SABATON metal song which we cannot wait to include in the future setlists.
The story of the battle of Verdun is also very representative for the album since it has all elements that identifies with ‘The Great War’. Verdun is so much WW1 that we decided to hold the first album presentation in this city, inviting journalists from around the world to not just hear the album, but also understand the story behind it.
It is the first single from the upcoming album even if we just released ‘Bismarck’, but that song is not from the upcoming album. We decided to write ‘Bismarck’ outside the album since the story does not connect to WW1 and also that it was recorded at a different time. The meaning of this song was a tribute to all fans who have contributed over the years by sending us ideas for future songs, please continue with that!”
This ninth full-length record, that will see the light of day right in time for the band’s 20th anniversary, will be a concept album based on events during the First World War and will be available in different formats:
– CD-Digi (History Edition) incl. narrated parts in addition to the album tracks
– CD (Album Edition)
– 2CD Earbook (Album + History Edition)
– 180g LP in various colors (History Edition)
– 180g LP in various colours (Album Edition)
– 3CD/3LP Box (The Great Box Edition) includes: Earbook incl. “The Soundtrack To The Great War” CD, regular, History & Soundtrack LPs [180g, green], one out of 11 Great War propaganda posters [chosen at random], postcards, emblem, poem on sheet) – limited to 1000
Pre-order the album here: www.sabaton.net/thegreatwar
“The Great War” will be available worldwide through Nuclear Blast Records on July 19th.