- Antti Boman-Vocals, Guitars
- Aki Hytönen-Guitars
- Jake Luomajoki-Bass
- Mikko Virnes-Drums
Demilich is a death metal band from Finland which formed in the early 1990s and consisted of vocalist/guitarist Antti Boman, guitarist Aki Hytönen, bassist Ville Koistinen, and drummer Mikko Virnes.
Their debut album, Nespithe (1993), featured intricate death metal riffs with extremely low, gurgled vocals in the vocal fry register. The album contained long, complicated song titles and unconventional lyrics which were written in code in the booklet. It was featured in Terrorizer’s Secret History of Death Metal, in their list of “The 40 Albums You Must Hear”; they commented: “Even trying to scream your lungs out whilst vomiting a mix of Haggis, outdated goat’s cheese and kebab won’t do. Tested extensively by Terrorizer’s scientific team, we can now safely say that no normal human is capable of reproducing the effect-free vocal madness displayed by Antti Boman on these Finns’ sole, totally unique, album.”
Demilich played what was believed to be their last show on July 22, 2006, but played at the Jalometalli Metal Music Festival in Oulu, Finland on August 14, 2010.
Demilich reunited for a show at Maryland Deathfest in 2015.
According to their Facebook page, legendary Finnish death metallers Demilich has announced an East Coast US tour. The tour kicks off May 3rd in Providence, RI, and will conclude atMarch 13, 2018 by Nikki Katsi
Nespithe / 1993
1. When the Sun Drank the Weight of Water
2. The Sixteenth Six-Tooth Son of Fourteen Four-Regional Dimensions (Still Unnamed)
3. Inherited Bowel Levitation – Reduced Without Any Effort
4. The Echo (Replacement)
5. The Putrefying Road in the Nineteenth Extremity (…Somewhere Inside the Bowels of Endlessness…)
6. (Within) The Chamber of Whispering Eyes 04:12
7. And You’ll Remain… (In Pieces in Nothingness)
9. The Planet That Once Used to Absorb Flesh in Order to Achieve Divinity and Immortality (Suffocated to the Flesh That It Desired…)
10. The Cry
11. Raped Embalmed Beauty Sleep
12. Introduction (Embalmed Beauty Sleep)
13. Two Independent Organisms → One Suppurating Deformity
14. And the Slimy Flying Creatures Reproduce in Your Brains
15. The Uncontrollable Regret of the Rotting Flesh
Nespithe is the only album recorded by Finnish death metal band Demilich. Originally issued by Necropolis Records in 1993, it was reissued in 1996 for the European market by Repulse Records and in 2003 by Century Media. The reissued version includes The Four Instructive Tales… of Decomposition demo and new artwork.
A remastered edition of the album was released in 2009 on both CD and vinyl by Xtreem Music. This version, unlike the previous Necropolis Records and Century Media releases, is approved by the band.
The album title, “Nespithe”, is the anagram of “The Spine”, constructed by reversing order of three-letter groups from the end of the word. The track title “Erecshyrinol”, meaning “No Lyrics Here” was constructed using the same algorithm.
In 2016, music website No Echo included Nespithe in a feature called “1993: The Year of Death Metal Albums With Killer Groove Parts.”
|2020-02-15T14:00:00||The Garage||London||United Kingdom||Info||Tickets|
|2020-02-16T14:00:00||The Garage||London||United Kingdom||Info||Tickets|
If you are interested of writing album reviews, contact us and maybe you could become a part of Nordic Metal Team.
Finland’s Demilich has lots of letters, lots of words in their song titles. Hopefully this review will do this justice. On Wednesday, May 9th, Demilich landed at Philadelphia’s Millcreek Tavern.May 14, 2018 by Nikki Katsi