…And Oceans is an industrial black metal band from Finland. It was formed in 1989 as a death metal outfit called Festerday. However, a change in the band’s lineup led them to change its style to symphonic black metal. It released its first album as …and Oceans in 1998, and in the following years it pursued a less traditional, more industrial-oriented direction. After ten years of existence as ...and Oceans and four full-length albums, the band changed its name to Havoc Unit in 2005 to signify the drastic change in the sound of their music. Its first album under the new name was h.IV+ (Hoarse Industrial Viremia), released in 2008. After five years, in 2013 band’s name has returned to be Festerday.
On September 4, 2019, the band announced that vocalist Kim ’Kena’ Strömsholm stepped down from the band, due to personal reasons. The band remains on friendly terms with their former vocalist and are wishing Kena all the best for future endeavors. A replacement has already been found in singer Mathias “Vreth” Lillmåns, who is also known from his work with Finntroll and DISPYT.
Cosmic World Mother / 2020
1. The Dissolution of Mind and Matter
2. Vigilance and Atrophy
3. Five of Swords
4. As the After Becomes the Before
5. Cosmic World Mother
7. Oscillator Epitaph
8. In Abhorrence upon Meadows
10. One of Light, One of Soil
11. The Flickering Lights
Cosmic World Mother is the fifth full-length album by Finnish industrial/black metal band And Oceans, released in 2020 on Season of Mist.
Cypher / 2002
1. Fragile: Pictures of Silence: Melting the Skies
2. Picturesque: Cataclysm Savour: And the Little Things That Make Us Smile
3. Angelina: Chthonian Earth: Her Face Forms Worms
4. Halcyon: The Heavy Silence: In Silent Rain
5. Aphelion: Light Evanescence: Into Extinction
6. Opaque: The Morning I Woke Up Dead: Today Is the Day
7. Aphid: Devil Flower: Fruits of Lunacy
8. Voyage: Lost Between Horizons: Eaten by the Distance
9. Catharsis: End of Organisms: Absolute Purification of Sins
10. Silhouette: In White Rooms: Vacant Bodies
11. Comatose: The World Amnesia: Planet Dead
12. Debris: The Magenta Harvest: Liquid Flesh
13. Nail: An Odyssey in Flesh: Celebrate the New Skin
Cypher is the fourth album by Finnish industrial black metal band …And Oceans, and the last to be released under this moniker before the band’s name was changed into Havoc Unit. The original name of the album was set to be Insect Angels and Devil Worms, but was changed.
A.M.G.O.D. (Allotropic/Metamorphic Genesis of Dimorphism) / 2001
1. Intelligence Is Sexy
2. White Synthetic Noise
3. Tears Have No Name
4. Esprit de Corps
5. Odious & Devious
6. Of Devilish Tongues
8. TBA in a Silver Box
9. New Model World
A.M.G.O.D. (Allotropic/Metamorphic Genesis of Dimorphism) is the third studio album by Finnish industrial black metal band, …And Oceans. This album incorporates more electronic/industrial elements than past albums.
The Symmetry of I, the Circle of O / 1999
1. Mechanic Hippie
2. Aquarium of Children – Ajatusten merenpinta
3. The Black Vagabond and the Swan of Two Heads
5. Baby Blue Doll – Merry Go Mind
6. Äcid Sex and Marble Teeth (You-phoria)
7. I Wish I Was Pregnant
The Symmetry Of I, The Circle Of O is the second album by Finnish industrial metal band …And Oceans released in 1999 on Season Of Mist.
The Dynamic Gallery of Thoughts / 1998
2. The Room of Thousand Arts
3. Som öppna böcker
4. Je te connais beau masque
5. Mikrobotik Fields / Ur åldrig saga och sång
6. Samtal med tankar – Halo of Words
7. September (När hjärtat blöder)
8. Kärsimyksien vaaleat kädet
The Dynamic Gallery Of Thoughts is the debut album by Finnish industrial metal band …And Oceans released in 1998 on Season Of Mist records. For this album, …And Oceans would play in a more symphonic black metal vein.
REVIEWS AND INTERVIEWS
Report and photos by Serena Solomon A few days of relief from the monotonous, gigless summer. Saarihelvetti 2020 was one of few festivals that luckily were able to stay strongSeptember 7, 2020 by Serena